Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Unique Way to Wrap A Gift

I absolutely love wrapping Christmas gifts! I want each present to be wrapped in the same paper so my living room has a uniform look. If something is too large to wrap and I have to use a bag to wrap it, I try to make sure that the bag matches the rest of the paper. I know, I have issues ;)

With that said, sometimes I will come across a gift that is odd-shaped or too heavy for a bag. That was the case this week. The example I am showing is actually not a Christmas gift so don't let the black wrapping paper throw you. If you pick up a floral arrangement from a super-fancy florist, you'll see them using this same notion of a using box to wrap something with the gift sticking out at the top. Check it out!

Start with a recycled box


Cut the edges off of it
So it looks like this

Overwrap the entire box with wrapping paper

Cut the paper at each corner to the end

Fold the wrapping paper over the edges & secure with tape


The completed box will look like this

Place bubble wrap or thick stuffing in the bottom to help secure the item

This is a heavy piece of garden art that I am giving to a friend for a housewarming gift. Every bag I tried to put it in looked terrible. I think it turned out pretty cute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio