Monday, September 30, 2013

Costume Ideas For Your Pet-Happy Halloween!

You are probably aware of the slight obsession I have with my puppy dogs. They are sweet & funny &, well, you get the picture. The little one, Mardi, has very short hair so, in the colder months, she wears a t-shirt or sweater. She absolutely loves wearing clothes & jumps around excitedly when she sees a new outfit coming her way, (we have that in common). Our newer dog, Marlin, kind of wears clothes all the time since he is a Golden Doodle. Regardless, I love having them both dress up for Halloween.

Last year, they went as Rod Stewart & Rachel Hunter.
http://pixiedustatlanta.blogspot.com/2012_10_01_archive.html

Their costumes were kind of lame & they kept them on for about a nano-second. Since they cost much more than I care to admit, I decided to skip buying them something cute this year......until I visited the Nearly New Thrift Store.
http://www.jlatlanta.org/?nd=nearly_new_shop

Nearly New is owned & operated by the Junior League of Atlanta, of which I am a member. As I was dropping off a donation, I took a look around because you never know what you will find, (they carry Ferragamo shoes, Lily Pulitzer, Hudson jeans, something for everyone). As luck would have it, they had an entire rack of children's & pet Halloween costumes. I probably picked out 10-12 that I liked, laid them out on the counter & had a volunteer & a customer helping me pick the perfect ones. (Thanks for the help ladies)


So, in the spirit of passing along a smart shopping tip, I am sharing my pet's Halloween costumes with you now. Enjoy!


Marlin The Fireman, cost a mere $5 and still had the tags on!! What you cannot see are the "doggle"s that he refused to wear on top of his head. He wore this for a sum total of 45 seconds.

 
Mardi The Princess was also just $5! This is actually a child's costume but Mardi really has no idea that she is a dog. She prissed around in this for an hour. Do you like her over the shoulder pose? I swear she does this when she sees me coming with a camera.
 
 
This is the way to go friends. $10 for two pet costumes, you can't beat it!
 
 
 
Confession time; I saw this lion costume that looks just like the one my nephew wore when he was a baby. It was $2. That's right, $2!! While this is not either pups official Halloween costume, I could not resist seeing them in this adorable getup. And did I mention it was $2?
 
Marlin, looking ticked, to put it nicely
 
After I snapped his photo, he ran straight to daddy for help! 
 
While this didn't quite fit Miss Mardi.....
 
She decided to channel the old Hollywood glamour of Marilyn Monroe.... 
 
But I think she looks ultra-modern like the models from the Gaultier winter show. Work it Mardi!
 
 
So, please share your pet and kid Halloween pics with me and don't forget to shop your favorite thrift store!
 
HAPPY HALLOWEEN FRIENDS!
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio